It can sometimes be a struggle for SMEs to break into the public sector, but this is certainly not the case for small tech companies who provide services to UK universities.
Our analysis, as part of a recent event with our partners techUK, looked at all direct contract awards in the UK EdTech market and revealed some remarkable statistics. For example:
- SMEs were awarded almost half of all direct tech awards
- They also won more than a third of all contracts in 7 of 8 contract categories analysed
- In the 'virtual learning' category they won 70% of all contracts (by value)
- They featured prominently in the top 10 suppliers
It's worth bearing in mind that this analysis does not include subcontracted awards (via larger 'prime' technology providers), or instances where SMEs work as partners to other tech firms, so in reality their share is likely to be even higher.
Download the full report below to get detailed insight on:
- the value of the higher education tech contracts awarded since 2015
- contract awards by category
- the top buyers and suppliers, and
- expiring contracts, which can help you to plan ahead for future tender opportunities.